Hear for the Holidays Terms and Conditions
1. Entry: To enter, go to www.hearingdoc.com/hearfortheholidays. Please nominate yourself or someone you know who is in need of hearing aids but cannot afford them. Write a nomination letter of 500 words or less and submit it to Hearing Associates, Inc. You may submit the nomination letter by email (email@example.com), through the website, postal mail, or delivery to the office at Hearing Associates, Inc., 35 Tower Court Suite A Gurnee, IL 60031. Sweepstakes ends at 4:59 p.m. on Monday December 6, 2021. Limit one (1) entry per person. No automatic, programmed, robotic, or similar means of entry are permitted. Once submitted, entries become the exclusive property of Hearing Associates, Inc and will not be returned. For a copy of these Official Rules, print them from the website.
2. Eligibility: This sweepstakes is only open to residents of Lake County and contiguous surrounding communities ages 18 and up. The contest is the intention to assist a nominee with hearing loss who could benefit from hearing aids but cannot afford them.
3. Drawing: On December 10th, a panel of judges will select one (1) winner from all eligible entries. Winner must have a hearing loss that can be aided by the use of hearing aids. Eligibility will be determined by audiologic testing performed by a Hearing Associates, Inc employee. If the top entrant is determined not to have an eligible hearing loss, an alternate winner may be selected. Based on a hearing evaluation establishing level of need and the submitted essay, the Grand Prize winner will be finalized. Entrants need not be present to win. Potential winner will be notified by phone. If winner does not respond to notification within 24 hours of the time of notification, prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected. Except where prohibited by law, potential winner will be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Ownership/Liability Release and Publicity Release (the “Affidavit”); otherwise prize will be forfeited.
4. Prize/Odds: Hearing Associates, Inc. will award one (1) Grand Prize. Grand Prize consists of a pair of Oticon premium hearing aids as well as a custom fitting and follow-up care from Hearing Associates, Inc. at no cost (a $7,200 value). Hearing Associates, Inc will determine specific prize components at Hearing Associates, Inc’s sole discretion. Included with the hearing aids is the fitting, programming, orientation, 3-year warranty, 3 years of batteries, appointments and cleanings. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Winner is responsible for all taxes on prizes and expenses, including, without limitation: federal, state, and local sales and income taxes; luxury taxes; and any other costs incurred in claiming or using the prize. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. No prize substitutions are permitted except at Hearing Associates, Inc.’s sole discretion, and then only for a prize of equal or lesser value. Prize will be delivered to the winner at Hearing Associates, Inc., in accordance with Illinois state laws.
6. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR OTHER PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING SEEKING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.